Aquarium fish feed is plant or animal material intended for consumption by pet fish kept in aquariums or ponds. Fish foods normally contain macronutrients, trace elements, and vitamins necessary to keep captive fish in good health. Approximately 80% of fishkeeping hobbyists feed their fish exclusively prepared foods that most commonly are produced in flake, pellet, or tablet form. Pelleted forms, some of which sink rapidly, are often used for larger fish or bottom-feeding species such as loaches or catfish. Some fish foods also contain additives such as sex hormones or beta carotene to artificially enhance the color of ornamental fish.
1. Omega One Garlic Marine Pellets, Sinking
Omega One is unlike any other fish foods on the market. There is no fishmeal in our foods. Instead, we use fresh Alaskan seafood such as salmon, herring, and shrimp for our protein sources. These ingredients, rich in natural fats and proteins, are purchased direct from sustainable Alaskan fisheries.
- OLOR-BOOSTING NUTRITION: Marine Pellets contain hand-harvested ocean kelp and spirulina and are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids to support delicate immune systems of saltwater fish. Natural beta carotenes in salmon provide excellent color enhancement
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Made without meals or pre-processed proteins
- KEEP A CLEANER TANK: Our Sinking Garlic Marine Pellets are naturally insoluble, which reduces water pollution, and they have significantly less starch, which reduces fish waste
- INSTRUCTIONS: Feed 1-3 times daily, using only as much food as fish can consume in two minutes
- GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Min Crude Protein 39%/ Min Crude Fat 11% / Max Crude Fiber 4% / Max Moisture 8.5% / Max Ash 8%
Visit: Omega One
2. Fluval Cichlid Flakes
Fluval Cichlid Flakes are enriched with multiple high-quality protein sources such as Earthworm meal, which fosters growth and strong breeding instincts.
- Multiple premium proteins (Atlantic Herring, Norwegian Krill, Atlantic Shrimp, Green Mussels, Earthworm) for a better amino profile, growth and development
- Earthworm meal fosters strong breeding instincts
- Powerful, nutrient-dense vitamins and minerals for improved digestion, fertility, eyesight, bone structure, immune and nervous system
- Rich in Omega-3 and 6 for better skin and fin condition, reduced effect to common cuts and scrapes
- Sustainably-harvested kelp preserves ocean stocks and is rich in omega 3, polyunsaturated fatty acids, proteins and complex carbohydrates
- No artificial colorants
3. Hikari Tropical MICRO WAFERS
The smallest wafers suitable for all types of small and medium sized torpical fish to make a superior color.
- A community tank diet that allows feeding at all levels of the aquarium due to its unique floating then sinking characteristics.
- High grade marine and vegetable proteins promote ready acceptance, improved assimilation and superior nutrient utilization.
- Contains Spirulina and Astaxanthin to promote vivid coloration not possible with competitive foods.
- Another Hikari® original, a miniature (micro) wafer developed specifically for most tropical fish to easily devour.
- Helps flake users to more readily monitor and adjust quantity fed to avoid over-feeding and water quality issues.
Visit: Hikari website